When Adelaide’s new power station was built nearby in 1900, the hotel’s name changed to the Electric Light. In 1906 when the produce market was set up in the vicinity, the hotel became the Producers Hotel and it was patronised by wholesalers in the early hours of market mornings.
When the new markets were being built the hotel was rebuilt by the South Australian Brewing Company in anticipation of the new trade. The contractor was Charles Henry Martin and it cost £2130.
The Hotel has since been renamed The Old Exchange.