The history and development of the adjoining four two-storey houses is more confused. The block comprises the bakery with a 30 foot frontage and the four attached houses to the west, each with a frontage of 15 feet. These buildings are shown in the Smith Survey completed in 1880, the plan form being virtually identical to that seen today.
In 1850-51 John Bentham Neales subdivided the town acre, selling off the portions in question to D. Mahnke (30 feet), John Mitchell (15 feet), Francis Mitchell (15 feet) and Dymphna Lester (30 feet). The buildings still reflect in built form the subdivision of the 1850s and it seems that the entire group reached its present basic form by 1868. J. Mitchell sold to Meyer and Winter, Francis Mitchell to James Bath (the schoolmaster mentioned earlier).
It seems obvious that the Mitchells built the central pair of houses since each paid £15 to Neales and yet resold the individual 15 foot frontages for £98 and £80 respectively. Assessment records note two almost identical houses, each of four rooms. The property owned by Dymphna Lester was purchased by William Giddings (mason) in 1863, who built the two houses adjacent.