The four detached houses at the corner of Mann Terrace were erected before 1880 and are typical single-fronted dwellings of the period.
The semi-detached houses to the west, built later, are of unusual design although essentially adjoined single-fronted houses. The nature of the joinery, cast- iron enrichment and the plan form (the main entrance being at the side), distinguish this group from others in the city. They were built in stages from 1896 to 1900 by John Hogg. To date, little is known about the history of the residents of these houses.