c. 1945 the house was divided into four flats, bought by Dr. Earnest Flaum. One of the flats then gained a reputation because of its association with then tenant, Musica Viva committee member Edith Dubsky. This meant that the flat was used as a rehearsal space for some of the world's finest ensembles.
The dwelling exhibits the fine qualities of the federation style including; extensive use of brick and marseille tiled roof. A prominent feature of the property is the brick wall to buxton street which is also covered under the heritage listing.