Adelaide Zoo - Director's dwelling

Adelaide Zoo - Director's dwelling

Renamed Minchin House in 2004 after R E Minchin, the first Director of the Adelaide Zoo, Minchin was then followed by his son and grandson. The dwelling was built in 1887 and is now the administration headquarters for the Royal Zoological Society of South Australia.

Notes


Significance

[edit | edit source]

The dwelling is significant as a moderately unchanged example of Victorian architecture.


Connects with

Related places
Related people
Related organisations
Related events
Related things

See also



Images of Adelaide Zoo - Director's dwelling

  • Adelaide Zoological Gardens - Director's Dwelling
 
Architects
Builders
Building materials
Stone, Freestone
Architectural styles
2 Victorian Period (c. 1840–c. 1890), 2.14 Rustic Gothic
Construction
1887 -
Architecture and design features
Engineering features
 
Precinct
Riverbank
Council Ward
Central
Alternative Addresses
Geo-coordinates
Town Acre
Planning Zone or Policy Area
Original owners
Royal Zoological Society of South Australia
Original occupant
R E Minchin
Later occupant/s
Purposes and use
Dwelling, House
AS2482 classification
11510 - Business House - Offices
Public Access
Business/trading hours
 
NTSA ID
2517
State Heritage ID
13651
ACC Reference No.
DPTI Heritage No.
1560
RNE ID
1560
Certificate of Title No.
CR 6043/263 H105100 S590
NTSA file exists
Yes
Heritage Status
State Heritage listed
State heritage listing
State Heritage listed
Date of State heritage listing
Local heritage listing
Date of Local heritage listing
NTSA listing
NTSA registered
Date of NTSA listing
1977/08/16
Section 23 (4) crtiteria
Risk status
 
Historic Themes
6.2 Recreation and Entertainment
6.2.7 Enjoying the natural environment
Topics
Adelaide Zoo
 
Australian Curriculum references
Year 5: The Australian Colonies
ACHHK097

Something to add or share?

blog comments powered by Disqus